no changes for 3 russian regions at this point

Alexander Krivenyshev worldtimezone at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 17:48:34 UTC 2011

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] <olsona <at> dc37a.nci.nih.gov> writes:

> > > The latest 2011i tzdata does not have the Russian time change described
by Alexander Krivenyshev:

> > "DRAFT DECISION OF THE GOVERNMENT OF Russian Federation...
>
> Does anyone know the current status of what was a draft decision at the time
of Alexander's report?

After some extensive media reports that 3 Russian regions may change time zones
this autumn and FIRST DRAFT DECISION OF THE GOVERNMENT OF Russian Federation on
August 8, 2011 about upcoming changes on October 30, 2011:
see link below:
(http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia33.html)

there were some corrections done on August 25, 2011 on DRAFT DECISION OF THE
GOVERNMENT OF Russian Federation "On the composition of the territories that
make up each time zone, and the procedure of calculation of time within time
zones, and the repeal of certain resolutions of the Government of the Russian
Federation",

which shows NO time zones changes at this point for Vladivostok (Primorsky
region), Irkutsk region and
Sakha (Yakutia) will keep its current 3 time zones (MSK +6, +7, +8):

1. Vladivostok (Primorsky region) – will keep MSK+7 (UTC+11)

2. Sakha (Yakutia) – will keep its current 3 time zones:
MSK+6 (UTC+10), MSK+7 (UTC+11), MSK+8 (UTC+12) and

3. Irkutsk region – will keep MSK+5 (UTC+9)

Original document (in Russian) on:
http://www.minpromtorg.gov.ru/docs/projects/531

or

http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia35.html

I will keep my eyes open if there is any changes by October 30, 2011.

Alexander Krivenyshev,
http://www.worldtimezone.com