Pac/Mtn border at Winterhaven California)

Alois Treindl alois at astro.ch
Mon Sep 12 11:54:58 UTC 2011

I have researched in newspaper archives, and found an article in the
paper 'The Mountain Democrat Times' of 1968 March 28, which confirms
that the whole area on the Yuma AZ side of the Colorado River but
belonging to California followed even then Arizona time, i.e. MST
without observing DST.

It mentions the post office in Bard, CA as an example, and probably it
includes the populated places Winterhaven, Ross Corner and Bard.

Before 1968 I found no source. But probably we can assume that this
habit has been permanent. The simplest is to include this area with
Arizona, for timezone purposes.