updated Russian Time Zones - need to correct some districts for Sakha - Yakutia and Sakhalin

Eric Muller emuller at adobe.com
Tue Sep 20 06:53:23 UTC 2011

On 9/18/2011 11:07 AM, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> According to http://efele.net/maps/tz/russia/ 2011b the area shown as
> Bulunskij in Wikipedia is separated between Asia/Yakutsk MSK+6 and
> Asia/Vladivostok MSK+7.

Please don't use this map as an authority. My separation of the artic
islands from the rest of Bulunskij is actually an artifact of the map I
used to get boundaries of districts. In that map, the artic islands are
not identified as "belonging" any district; I assigned them to the
Asia/Vladivostok zone only because there are directly north of the
Ust-Yanskiy district, which is in that zone.

> [russian and english wikipedia pages for the subdivisions of Sakha] both use the same map which shows Bulunskij as including the New
> Siberian Islands.

Incidentally, the French page
(http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_de_Sakha) clearly states that
the New Siberian islands are a natural preserve, under direct authority
of the Sakha republic, and are not part of any district.

Eric.