Re coming Russian-Belarusian-Ukrainian timezone change

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:45:53 UTC 2011

The proposal  EEFT keeps the EE of EET and EEST. It is also more in
line with existing naming rules in the Theory file, quoting Theory:

-------
For summer time append `ST';
for double summer time append `DST'; etc.
-------

I propose to add "FT" to Theory and insert the following before
"For zones whose times are taken from a city's longitude..."
--------
All abbreviations end in "T". Some common endings are
- MT for mean time (e.g. GTM),
- ST for summer time (e.g. CEST),
- DST for double summer time
- FT for forward time (permanent summer time, e.g. EEFT).
--------

I see no rule in Theory supporting an alphabetic order naming as
justification for FET, as was done in the proposal for FET (quote:
/"FET", simply because "F" comes after E/ )

Therefore, apart from sharing the EE with EEST and EET, EEFT seems
more rule based.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18