Re coming Russian-Belarusian-Ukrainian timezone change

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Fri Sep 23 20:43:31 UTC 2011

Paul Eggert said:
>> If calling it permanent summer time in the side note is the issue
> It's more than that.  It's that the whole notion of "forward
> time" is questionable.  There's no need for a new notion that
> means "This location is one hour ahead of where it used to be,
> and this is a permanent change."

I would have read the notion as "this location is one hour ahead of solar
mean time all year round".

If we have to have an abbreviation, EEFT feels better than FET to me.

Is there no term that refers to Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine collectively?

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.