[tz] Creston

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Mon Feb 27 10:11:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Robert Elz wrote:
>OK, this is what I propose now for America/Creston ...
>
>Zone America/Creston    -7:46:04 -      LMT     1884
>                        -8:00   -       PST     1918 Jun 2
>                        -7:00   -       MST
>
> As best I can tell, from reading the article that inspired the
> need for the new zone
>	http://www.ilovecreston.com/?p=articles&t=spec&ar=260
> this reflects (close enough anyway I think) what has actually
> happened.  LMT until 1884, PST until June 1918, then MST ever
> since.

That article seems clear enough that Creston has been at -07:00
since June 1918, but it's not very clear when transitions occured
back and forth between PDT (-08:00 standard offset, plus 01:00 DST
adjustment) and MST (-07:00 standard offset, no DST adjustment).

I'd suggest at least adding a comment to note this uncertainty.

--apb (Alan Barrett)