[tz] Casablanca Timezone changes

David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca
Thu Jul 12 19:53:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, July 12, 2012 09:38, Ian Abbott wrote:
> On 2012-07-12 11:58, Neil Masson wrote:
>> According to
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/clockchange.html?n=60&year=2012,
>> DST in Morocco is being suspended between 20 July and 19 August.  A
>> customer is reporting that the suspension will be between 15 July and 26
>> August.  I have asked for references,  but so far do not have any.
>
> FWIW, Microsoft appear to be going with the 20 July and 19 August dates
> and have Windows hotfixes to be installed during certain intervals to
> cope with the temporary suspension of DST.  See:
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/b/dst2007/archive/2012/06/20/ramadan-change-for-moroccan-dst.aspx
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698707

Non-normative weblog post from March:

  http://riadzany.blogspot.com/2012/03/daylight-saving-in-morocco-2012.html

This seems to fall under the bailiwick of the Minister "in Charge of
Modernization of Public Sectors", so if anyone has decent French or Arabic
skills, you can perhaps through the Ministry's web site:

  http://www.mmsp.gov.ma/fr/index.aspx