[tz] tzcode2012c and tzdata2012d available

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Fri Jul 20 01:23:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Paul Eggert wrote:

> New versions of the tz code and data are now available
> from
>
> ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/releases/tzcode2012c.tar.gz
>
> ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/releases/tzdata2012d.tar.gz
>
> These reflect the changes for Morocco's time stamps,
> which take effect in a couple of hours, along with
> infrastructure changes to accommodate how the tz
> code and data are released on IANA.  Sorry about the
> late release.  I will send more details to
> the tz mailing list shortly.

Something in the FTP server is broken. It lets me view a directly listing
but I can't download a file. I tried Chrome, wget, and Perl's Net::FTP
module.

As an aside, can these just be offered via HTTP? FTP is painful to
automate.

Also, it'd be great if there were tz{code,data}-latest.tar.gz symlinks
available. That'd make automating downloads even easier.

Thanks,

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)