[tz] tzcode2012c and tzdata2012d available

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Fri Jul 20 03:22:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Paul Eggert wrote:

> On 07/19/2012 06:23 PM, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>> can these just be offered via HTTP?
>
> Yes, they're at:
>
> http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/releases/tzcode2012c.tar.gz
>
> http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/releases/tzdata2012d.tar.gz
>
>> Also, it'd be great if there were tz{code,data}-latest.tar.gz symlinks available.
>
> These are at:
>
> http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/tzcode-latest.tar.gz
>
> http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/tzdata-latest.tar.gz

Ah, this is all great.

I do have one more request. It'd be nice if the version number was
somewhere in the tarballs. As it is, the only way to get the version is to
parse the file name, which means if I use the -latest tarballs, I have no
idea what version they represent.

> I'll try to remember to announce all this better next time.
> As you may be able to tell, we're ironing out the kinks of
> the new release mechanism, which operated the first time
> today.

Thanks for all your work on this.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)