[tz] technical details for today's code and data release

Kevin Lyda kevin at ie.suberic.net
Mon Jul 23 10:47:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Derick Rethans <tz at derickrethans.nl> wrote:
> Exactly. However, we could always add the tz_codeX_dataY as *well* of
> course... tags are cheap!

Exactly.  The two projects are merged in one repository.  I'm not
really sure it helps to split them. When checking out tzcodeYYYYr it's
nice to see what tzinfo looked like.

Historically this is how the release process worked on the repository
side.  It might be nice to change in the future, but based on having
the two projects in a single repository it seems like the logical
method.

Kevin

--
Kevin Lyda