[tz] Newbie question

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 5 15:59:01 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 07:43 AM, Donald MacQueen wrote:
> I need to build compile tz data for WIndows and would like to grab the version from somewhere

If you're in charge of the source, you can copy the
version number yourself into some location, and use
that.

If someone else is in charge (e.g., you're using
some random library), then there's no guarantee
you're using tz source as opposed to an independent
copy.

It might be nice to have a better way to get version
number, though I'd say it's more important to do
that for the data than for the source code.