[tz] Patch - America/Los_Angeles zone comment

Alan Mintz Alan_Mintz+TZ_IANA at Earthlink.net
Fri Jun 8 21:27:24 UTC 2012

I'd like to try this once more without it getting buried or expanded into
other issues, please.

As it's written, the America/Los_Angeles comment in northamerica v8.54 in
tzdata release 2012c does not make sense. The simple solution is to remove
7 characters from line 395:

< northamerica
 > northamerica.new

395c395
< # Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone counties,
---
 > # Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone counties,

Alternatively, more accuracy could be provided by the following changes:

< northamerica
 > northamerica.new

395,397c395,398
< # Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone counties,
< # and the northern three-quarters of Idaho county),
< # most of Nevada, most of Oregon, and Washington
---
 > # Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone counties,
 > # the towns of Burgdorf and Warren, and the part of Idaho county
 > # lying north of the Salmon River), Nevada (except for West Wendover)
 > # Oregon (except for part of Malheur County), and Washington

AFAIK, this description is completely accurate (though it doesn't reflect
unofficial observances in Nevada, which I assume wouldn't be appropriate here).