[tz] Coordinates for America/Sitka in zone.tab?

Alan Mintz Alan_Mintz+TZ_IANA at Earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 07:26:52 UTC 2012

I was under the impression, from the few that I look at on a map, that the
coordinates in zone.tab were supposed to be approximately where the name of
the zone and the most well-known place is.

America/Sitka puzzles me, though. At 57 10 35, -135 18 07, the point is in
the water of Katlian Bay, about 150m offshore of a seemingly uninhabited
area. The point is 14 km from Sitka.

Should this be changed to 57d03'06", -135d20'19"?

--
Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+TZ_IANA at Earthlink.net>