[tz] Chilean Government annuounced new date for leaving and entering DST in 2012

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Thu Mar 1 10:37:57 UTC 2012

    Date:        Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:19:40 -0300
    From:        Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at lco.cl>

  | I am currently assuming that this change is "official", and
  | recommending including it in the March 1 timezone update.

It was already in the proposed update, and remains in the actual
release that I am preparing to send soon now (though for obscure
local reasons, "now" when I type this, and "now" when you all receive
it aren't the same - this message, and others, will just remain in
my laptop until I get it connected to the network a little later...)

  | Finally, I realized that once again I forgot to do the Antarctica file,

That data was already there, as best I can tell, just the same as you
have it (except we have the 2012 April transition encoded as "Apr Sun>=23"
(last Sunday in April) rather than the "Apr 29" you have (which is, of
course, the same thing).

When the update appears it will contain everything we currently know
about Chile I believe.  If your government decides to adopt some other
policy instead, then we'll need to issue another update.

kre