[tz] Chilean Government annuounced new date for leaving and entering DST in 2012

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at lco.cl
Thu Mar 1 13:43:30 UTC 2012

On Mar 1, 2012, at 7:37 AM, Robert Elz wrote:

>  | Finally, I realized that once again I forgot to do the Antarctica file,
>
> That data was already there, as best I can tell, just the same as you
> have it (except we have the 2012 April transition encoded as "Apr Sun>=23"
> (last Sunday in April) rather than the "Apr 29" you have (which is, of
> course, the same thing).

Hmmm.  The 2011n update I downloaded doesn't contain any of the post-2000 Chile changes.  I thought I had submitted a patch for that once before as well, but I don't really pay attention to Antarctica.

> When the update appears it will contain everything we currently know
> about Chile I believe.  If your government decides to adopt some other
> policy instead, then we'll need to issue another update.

Hey, it's not my government; I just work here.  :-)

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory