[tz] TZ Coordinator candidate

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Sat Mar 17 18:51:15 UTC 2012

It is clear that I lack the vital quality of being respected by the
mailing list participants.  I have not yet earned it, and evidently
it is not transferable or shortcuttable.  My candidacy is untenable.
I hope a better-qualified candidate emerges.

(I was prepared for a substantive debate on policies of complete
stasis versus careful development, in the context of the TZ database's
unusually high requirement for stability.  But the seriously distorted
interpretation of my statements, bordering on a presumption of bad
faith, make it difficult to meaningfully discuss the issue.  However,
the lack of respect that is presumably behind the distortion, by making
me an otherwise unacceptable candidate, also renders the issue moot for
the present.  Best not flood the list with a debate that would be both
heated and irrelevant.)

-zefram