[tz] Easy conversion to MySQL?

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 10:08:56 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-21 09:19, Yann Gascard / VPA President wrote:
> I'm normally using MySQL timezone description table
> (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/timezones.html). But lately they are not
> that reactive there. Is anybody able to help me finding a way to
> generate these description table easily by myself?
> I got to use them as hosting provider I've got is not updating PHP
> timezones and I need an up to date reference.
>
> I don't have a Unix system. I can access to a Mac OS X one but even this
> one is really out of date (even with a system up to date). So I can't
> generate the tables using the mysql_tzinfo_to_sql there either :(**
> <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html>

If you're running MS Windows, you could use Cygwin to generate the data.
  This mimics a Unix-like system on Windows and has its own package
manager to install and update packages.  Its tzcode package (which
includes both tzcode and tzdata) gets updated on a timely basis.  Its
mysqld package includes the mysql_tzinfo_to_sql utility.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-