[tz] proposed changes: past Altai/Tomsk time zone shifts

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Sat May 5 11:19:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, 04 May 2012, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>> So, what is the effect if we put it into the wrong timezone?
> The database would contain a bug according to
> tzcode2011i/Theory:  [snip quote from theory file]

When somebody asks "what would be wrong?", replying "there would
be a bug" is not very useful to readers who don't share your
viewpoint.  It's much more useful if you explain why you think
there would be a bug, or what you think the bug would be, or what
the observable consequences of the bug would be.

--apb (Alan Barrett)