[tz] Notification of new releases only

James Diebel james at streamlex.com
Tue May 8 17:57:38 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm a user of the tz database, but not a contributor.  I would like to
receive notification of when a new release has been issued, but without
receiving the messages between contributors debating the merits of various
proposed changes.  Is there a way to configure my mailing list subscription
to only receive release notifications?  Or is there some other method by
which I can receive release notifications without checking the web site
every day?

If this is not possible, perhaps the subject line of a message announcing a
new release could always contain some keywords so that I could write a mail
filter to archive non-release-announcement messages?  And do such new
release announcements always come from the same person?  That would also
help.

Thanks!

Cheers,
James