[tz] Comments and mapping of tz zones to the real world

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:00:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Paul Goyette <pgoyette at juniper.net> wrote:

>> > Stop being aggressive. Stop being abrasive.
>> > Stop being condescending.
>> Again, lack of any evidence for that to have been happened.
>
> Stop being argumentative.
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/argumentative

"using or characterized by systematic reasoning."?

>  Take a cooperative attitude and
> help,
I did.

>rather than pick nits at every little phrase that
> someone writes.
I didn't

>> Looks a little bit as you would speak about the people that call my
>> mailings aggressive, abrasive etc. Maybe my mailings are a help for
>> them to improve their communication style, e.g. replacing "we" with
>> something more specific.
>
> Your communication style is what is driving others to ask for a
> separate tz-announce list.
Not supported by the first line at
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2012-May/017741.html

> They (as evidenced by private Emails
> which I will NOT share) and I are sick and tired of your style.
Why do you care so much about style? I thought the mailing list is
about fixing bugs in the tzdb?

> While they and I still want, yeah, _need_, the tzdb and updates
> to it, we don't want to put up with your communication style.
If you only need the tzdb and the updates, you can have look to solve
this at the thread
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2012-May/017731.html

I already got off-list reply thanking me for my proposal to achieve
what has been asked for.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18