[tz] Housekeeping

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:17:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM, David Braverman <david at braverman.org> wrote:
> Yesterday I asserted that Paul Eggert was confirmed as the list coordinator
> about four weeks ago. I’ve since gone back through the archive and didn’t
> find an formal announcement. Can someone at IANA or in the IESG send
> official word?
It would also be nice if that would be stated somewhere at
http://www.iana.org/time-zones
or a sub-page thereof.

> Also, I’m not sure of the procedure or criteria, if any, for banning someone
> from the list,
If no criteria are specified, what does the procedure help?

It would also be interesting to see how criteria are verified, since
e.g. in Wikimedia projects, people are blocked even if published
criteria for blocking are not met.

It would also be interesting to see how sanctions are enforced, since
e.g. in Wikimedia projects, there are instances where user A does
something without getting sanctioned, but user B for the same action
does get sanctioned.

> but I would suggest taking a look to see if the person in
> question had ever gotten banned from other communities, and under what
> circumstances. For example, if someone had been banned multiple times from
> another online community for incivility and sock puppetry, and currently has
> an indefinite ban from that group, that would be interesting to know,
> wouldn’t it?
A contributors bans from another online community are not specified as topic at

http://www.iana.org/time-zones or