[tz] Propose new zone for Crozet Islands

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:34:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Antoine Leca
<Antoine-TZ at leca-marti.org> wrote:
> Tobias Conradi wrote:
>> Indian/Alfred-Faure
> I used underline (_) since it was the common use so far.

I don't know what "common use" here refers to.

ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/data/zone.tab contains three zone name having "-"

America/Blanc-Sablon
Africa/Porto-Novo
America/Port-au-Prince

ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/code/Theory says
"Within a file name component, use only ASCII letters, `.', `-' and `_'."

I found none with "."

If "-" would be deprecated, there would be no discussion about this.

"Alfred Faure base" / "Alfred Faure Base" might be the English name
for "base Alfred-Faure".

I change my proposal to follow Antoine, with new longitude by
Antoine's last email:
TF    -462551+0515125 Indian/Alfred_Faure Crozet Islands

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com/