[tz] time zone abbreviations - uniqueness and meaning

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu May 24 11:00:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, 24 May 2012 12:11:32 +0200, Tobias Conradi
<tobias.conradi at gmail.com> wrote:

> was: Re: [tz] Propose new zone for Crozet Islands
>
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Philip Newton
> <philip.newton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Tobias Conradi
>> <tobias.conradi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The rule in the Theory file can easier lead to double assignments of
>>> abbreviations
>>
>> I don't think a particular effort is made to make the abbreviations be
>> unique
> I don't know how you define "particular".

Well then look it up in a dictionary.

How about just working out all your little "proposals" privately and
posting a _patch_ to tzdata* like it is good practice?

I for one will subscribe to the announce list because I'm really getting
tired of your seemingly endless, annoying dribble.

Thanks to everyone except Tobias and his little "fan club" for keeping the
list low volume and friendly for a long time.

Sascha