[tz] Sascha Wildner, asking about working privately and about patching, being on the wrong mailing list

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Thu May 24 22:46:44 UTC 2012

was: time zone abbreviations - uniqueness and meaning

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2012 12:11:32 +0200, Tobias Conradi
> <tobias.conradi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> was: Re: [tz] Propose new zone for Crozet Islands
>>
>> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I don't think a particular effort is made to make the abbreviations be
>>> unique
>>
>> I don't know how you define "particular".
>

> Well then look it up in a dictionary.
I am not aware of an online dictionary by Philip Newton.

> How about just working out all your little "proposals" privately
I don't know how you define privately here. But you are welcome to
work out my proposals privately by whatever definition pleases you.

> and posting
> a _patch_ to tzdata* like it is good practice?
I don't know what tzdata* is. Your definition of "good practice" unknown to me.

> I for one will subscribe to the announce list
As was announced people that are subscribed to tz get the messages
that are send to the announce list too. Maybe you want to get the
messages twice?

> because I'm really getting
> tired of your seemingly endless, annoying dribble.
Mirror mirror on the wall.

> Thanks to everyone except Tobias and his little "fan club" for keeping the
> list low volume and friendly for a long time.

http://www.iana.org/time-zones reads
"A higher volume discussion list used for discussing proposals for
updates to the Database."

So maybe you just subscribed to the wrong mailing list.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com/