[tz] Summer time for Brasil needed in tzdatabase

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at softwarelivre.org
Tue Oct 23 20:04:17 UTC 2012

Hi Lucas,

Lucas Rancez escreveu:
> Greetings,
> According to this site:
> http://pcdsh01.on.br/DecHV.html
> http://pcdsh01.on.br/FusoBR_HVCorrente.htm
>
> >From the 2012-10-21 until 2013-02-17 the Brazilian Estates will be using summer time.
> For example: the zone America/Sao_Paulo in the tzdata2012g says -3:00 and should be -2:00.
> Thanks!

That is not the case. I acknowledge that the database format is not very
intuitive to read, but it *is* correct.

The Brazilian DST ("summer time" as we Brazilians call it) is correctly
coded in tzdata. Any system using a recent enough tzdata and the
America/Sao_Paulo timezone will be displaying the correct time (i.e.
UTC-2 during the DST).

The only problem right now is with America/Bahia and America/Araguaina,
since Bahia is not having DST anymore and Tocantins joined DST this
year. I sent a patch a couple days ago about this, and it should be
fixed in the next tzdata release.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro