[tz] Australian Timezone Abreviations - Next step

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Fri Oct 26 13:29:13 UTC 2012

    Date:        Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:19:07 -0400
    From:        Arthur David Olson <arthurdavidolson at gmail.com>

  | continue with EST (rather than UEST or USEST or something else)

The obvious name, if we were to insist on qualifying zone abbreviations
wth references to location, would be "American Eastern Standard Time"
(etc) - abbreviated as AEST...   After all it applies in both Canada
and the US, so USEST would require a CEST for what is essentially the
same thing, and doesn't it also apply in parts of Latin America?
So, AEST for Australia and AEST for the US/Canada etc.

Or we just leave well enough alone, and leave things as they are.

kre