[tz] tzdata2012f available

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 16:50:09 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-14 15:35, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 09/14/2012 01:41 AM, Ian Abbott wrote:
>> Will tzcode be released every time tzdata is released even though the only
>> change is to the (shared) version number (and vice versa)?
>
> That's the way things are currently set up, yes.
> It is a bit of an annoyance, and perhaps we
> can think of a better way to do it.  One possibility
> would be to put the Makefile (which has the version number)
> into both distributions.

I was thinking more on the lines of allowing the Makefile to build both
the tzcode and tzdata packages, but conditionally uploading one or both
as "official" releases based on what's changed since the previous
official release of each (an "executive decision").

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-