[tz] Scheduling - use case for acronyms

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Tue Apr 2 20:17:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013, at 16:01, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> To what ID in the IANA time zone database would a localization
> database connect to?

One would have to be added, which, in case you didn't notice, was the
_entire point_ i was making in my post. The abbreviations aren't
adequate, and you can't simply map the ID because the actual zone a
location is in may have changed over time.

> > And, in fact, there are time zone abbreviations in CLDR.
>
> > Metazones, for those who don't already know, are things that group zones
> > that are "the same timezone"
> Can you point to a definition?

Er, it is a concept unique to the CLDR itself. What it _does_ is obvious
from the data.