[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tobias Conradi mail.2012 at tobiasconradi.com
Mon Apr 8 05:12:09 UTC 2013

David Patte, thanks for pointing out my error on only replacing EST
and not mentioning CST.

After seeing the emails this morning I started installing a MediaWiki
separate from tango.info under a more general purpose domain.

The two time zone database related pages from tango.info are now
imported into the new wiki and are accessible via:
http://anna.info/wiki/Time_zone_database

I am documenting bugs IANA time zone database bugs at:
http://anna.info/wiki/IANA_time_zone_database

For Australia the acronyms are ambiguous, some Norwegian territory is
not covered at all and in Siberia whole zones are wrong - and no fixes
applied.

I will try to create a patched australasia file within the next 48
hours, upload it and let the list know.

Maybe after getting some feedback from list members, you can create a
patch file, since I never did that and don't have the time right now
to work out how to do that.

Maybe after some testing you can email the patch and give the TZ
Coordinator time to apply it.

If this is not done we proceed with forking, probably using one of
your ftp servers.

Also thanks to David Grosz on pointing to the other zones in Australia
apart from EST and CST. I will use zone.tab and check all.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com