[tz] Patch use LHDT/LHST/LHHDT since HD HS DD DS are common practice [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Timothy Arceri T.Arceri at bom.gov.au
Fri Apr 12 00:54:55 UTC 2013

> And I don't email, because I
don't know what the email client does with the file.

I emailed the patch purely for easy review from those on the list. This is common practice in open-source programming projects. The source itself is not meant to be actually pulled out of the emails.

>The bom.gov.au-patch introduces new syntax, which for itself might be
>fine, but this new syntax is less informative than the established one
>and might be seen as deterioration to the whole database.

We are not inventing anything new just using what is commonly used in Australia, as far as I've seen there is no defined syntax used for abbreviations other than that which are trying to create. Rather abbreviations are meant to reflect what is used by the Country they are defined for.

>From 'Procedures for Maintaining the Time Zone Database':
 "Changes to existing entries SHALL reflect the consensus on the ground in the region covered by that entry."