[tz] Proposal to use Asia/Tel_Aviv for Israel - Jerusalem is not internationally recognized as part of Israel

Kevin Lyda kevin at ie.suberic.net
Sat Apr 20 22:29:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Tobias Conradi
<mail.2012 at tobiasconradi.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Kevin Lyda <kevin at ie.suberic.net> wrote:
>> Shouldn't it be Asia/تل أبيب?
> Not according to:
> ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/code/Theory
> Use only valid POSIX file name components (i.e., the parts of
>                 names other than `/').  Within a file name component,
>                 use only ASCII letters, `.', `-' and `_'.

And you just accept that? Why shouldn't the Arabic name be used - is
this further European injustice against the peaceful Palestinian
people?

>> I don't think we should make any change.
> Why that?

Why did you partially quote me and then ask me a question that the
part you deleted answered. My full sentence was, "Until the name can
be expressed properly in the local language, I don't think we should
make any change."

Is this because you realise that I have exposed your pro-Israel bias?

Kevin

--
Kevin Lyda
Galway, Ireland