[tz] Proposal regarding tz DB and leap second updates

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Aug 12 17:12:47 UTC 2013

On Mon 2013-08-12T18:44:39 +0200, Martin Burnicki hath writ:
> My proposal is to use some sort of network protocol to deploy the
> contents of the tz DB, either for a single time zone used on a
> system, or even for all time zones supported by the tz database.

See the efforts of
http://calconnect.org/tc-timezone.shtml

Be aware that they are working in a framework which does not share all
the vocabulary of the IANA tz community efforts and that their draft
does not currently transport the information found in the tz
"leapseconds" file.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855