[tz] A simple JavaScript library for timezone handling

L. David Baron dbaron at dbaron.org
Sun Feb 3 01:23:39 UTC 2013

A while ago I wrote a simple JavaScript library for timezone
handling in JavaScript.  It provides a simple API described here:
https://github.com/dbaron/tz.js/blob/3489978e9422c49f1bb4aafdfeee429a3e665136/tz.js.in#L191
and has build scripts to convert the necessary data from the tz
database into JSON format to include in the script.  The end result
including the code and the data, gzip-compressed, is about 74 KB.

I keep hoping I'd get a chance to make some additional improvements
before announcing it, but that served only to delay announcing it
and not to lead to additional improvements.  Since it might be
useful to others in its current form, I thought I'd share it on this
list.

It is:  https://github.com/dbaron/tz.js

-David