[tz] minor problem in www.iana.org

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 5 15:46:43 UTC 2013

Thanks for the heads-up.  My guess is that this happened
to the new way the tz distribution gets released.
For 2013c I gave up on trying to use IANA's VPN software,
and simply emailed the signed tarballs to someone who can
actually install them.  Possibly the recipient email client
"helpfully" uncompressed the files.

I have asked IANA to fix this, and I am using a different
procedure for the 2013d release.  This release will correspond
to commit 8f10e5c535616f70172584a9ff53232c437f9ca9 dated today
in the unofficial github repository at <https://github.com/eggert/tz>.
I hope it's published soon, but it may not happen until Monday
if the IANA folks are taking the day off; yesterday was a holiday
in the U.S. and many people are taking vacation days today.