[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 29 16:38:12 UTC 2013

On 03/29/2013 07:05 AM, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
> Given the link posted by Timothy Arceri -- a government website about timezones

A problem, as we've seen when looking into this before,
is that different parts of the Australian national and state
governments disagree, and there does not seem to be
a consistent consensus.  If I understand the recent comments
aright (and I admit I haven't had time to digest them) it
appears that different parts of the Australian governments
continue to use inconsistent names and/or abbreviations.