[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Sun Mar 31 01:39:48 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013, at 18:37, Robert Elz wrote:

> The problem is that you're using those absurd abbreviations at all.
> Just stop using the things, and all the problems you're having with
> them will magically go away.

I think it is somewhat dishonest to use this as an argument not to
change them. If you don't use them, and don't care about them, why do
you care about keeping them the same?

The API exists. It's not going to go away.

We could change what it does entirely - make it print the offset like
+09:30, for example. Or do something about localization, since no-one
else is going to.