[tz] Proposal to use Asia/Tel_Aviv for Israel - Jerusalem is not internationally recognized as part of Israel

Tobias Conradi mail.2012 at tobiasconradi.com
Sat May 4 17:42:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Jonathan Leffler
<jonathan.leffler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Tobias Conradi
> <mail.2012 at tobiasconradi.com> wrote:
>>
>> Fix my typo: I am willing to produce the patch file for free
>
> The cost isn't the cost of generating the patch file.  It's all the other
> things that have to change that make it expensive.  Most of those changes
> are not visible to the tz database; they are costs to the consumers of the
> tx database.  The database changes when necessary, not to be cosmetically
> more attractive.

The word cosmetic is not found in:
ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/code/Theory

Can you generate a more solid reply, based on tzid name changes over
the last 10 years (Practice) and official documentation and policies
(Theory)?

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18