[tz] Dropping iso3166.tab

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed May 22 17:27:30 UTC 2013

On 05/22/13 08:35, David Braverman wrote:
> A sensible compromise. I would support 1 and 2, and agree with postponing consideration of 3.

It's certainly a lot less work to do 1 and 2 now,
and postpone 3 for later.  I've already done some
of 3 in a private copy, but there's no urgency to
finishing that task.

I'm not sure I agree with the implication that 3
should be deferred indefinitely.  That could well
lead to more maintenance hassles, perhaps motivated
by political considerations.  But certainly 3 could be
deferred until after 1 and 2 are done, and could be
considered as a later step.

More information about the tz mailing list