[tz] Unable to compile Antarctica/Macquarie

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Thu May 23 07:22:14 UTC 2013

I've duplicated the problem. Real fixing involves zic.c (to change the
output produced for Macquarie) and to localtime.c (to correctly handle
existing binary files).

A workaround is to change the Macquarie line that reads...
    10:00 Aus EST 1919 Apr
...to read...
    10:00 Aus EST 1919 Apr 1 0:00s
...and this change should probably be made to australasia for the benefit
of folks who pick up the data files but not the code files.
(There might also be a comment about it being a workaround.)

    --ado