[tz] Our Palestinian New Time Zone

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Tue Oct 1 05:42:59 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-30 16:53, Paul Eggert wrote:
> David Braverman wrote:
>> MSDN documentation says they're using the IANA database, so I would assume it's a typo in the docs.
>
> Could well be, but if so the same typo is in the documentation for
> DateTimeFormatter.Format(DateTime, String)
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/Apps/dn264145.aspx>.
>
> Anyway this documentation is marked "preliminary"
> and "subject to change", so it's probably premature
> to add Windows to our list of implementations
> <http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/tz-link.html>.

Their are at least three other hits in their docs:
Results 1-4 of 4 for: "IANA Time Zone Database"
Library
Calendar.GetTimeZone | getTimeZone method (Preliminary)‎
The identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database that identifies the time zone
that is used by this Calendar object.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.globalization.calendar.gettimezone.aspx
Library
Calendar.ChangeTimeZone | changeTimeZone method (Preliminary)‎
An identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database which identifies the time zone
that should be used (for example, "Americas/Los_Angeles" for Pacific Time).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.globalization.calendar.changetimezone.aspx
Library
Calendar.Calendar(IIterable(String), String, String, String ...‎
An identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database which identifies the time zone
that should be used (for example, "Americas/Los_Angeles" for Pacific Time). Remarks.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn264115.aspx
Library
DateTimeFormatter.Format(DateTime, String) | format(DateTime ...‎
An identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database which identifies the time zone
that should be used (for example, "Americas/Los_Angeles" for Pacific Time).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn264145.aspx

so I have requested they correct their time zone name references and let the
list know of appropriate links to their products using IANA time zones.