[tz] 2013g - Morocco

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 09:18:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-03 21:11, Paul Eggert wrote:
> This predicts that Moroccans will change their clocks twice in 8 days.
> Not as weird, but still pretty weird, and it's tempting to omit the
> first two transitions.  But then the question is, where does one stop
> omitting transitions?
>
> The answer to this question depends on how much of a stickler
> Moroccans will be for following the rules, and that involves complex
> religious-commercial-political tradeoffs that I don't pretend to
> understand.  In the current experimental version I didn't omit any of
> the predicted transitions, as that was one less thing for me to worry
> about, but if there's consensus to omit them if they would imply
> moving the clocks less than N days apart we can do that too.

IMHO it's not worth worrying about.  It's not as if any of the listed
transition dates (particularly the "suspension of DST during Ramadan"
dates) are fixed in stone anyway.  The Moroccan government may decide to
suspend DST a day earlier than predicted one year for example.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-