[tz] Proposed patch - Theory change to reinstate reference to ISO-3166

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 18:44:06 UTC 2013

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Theory change to reinstate reference to ISO-3166

The freely available ISO-3166-1 2 character list? Or the full 3166-2 listing
including the sub-zones? Are we are allowed to use that?
I have a fairly complete country and area table, but we understood that the full
details required a license. However it would seem that even the fine detail is
available if not as a single download.
How long has https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search been available.

In an ideal world then ISO would simply list the 'timezone' in that listing?

https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:code:3166:US provides the US listings, but even
against that are there states that use more than one timezone data?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL