[tz] Rules for TZ+ database

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Thu Sep 5 20:02:29 UTC 2013

Paul's scenario can and I am sure does occur especially in jurisdictions
where the timezone changes are only known weeks in advanced from the
date they take effect. That's a political problem not a software one.  I
am sure that the people to whom this really matter (I am thinking the
airline industries) probably track this carefully enough and are able to
make the needed adjustment to their schedule. But you are right, in
order for that to happen correctly both the time and the timezone has to
be noted so that a correction can be applied properly.

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Patrice Scattolin | Principal Member Technical Staff | 514.905.8744