[tz] Rules for TZ+ database

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Fri Sep 6 20:55:49 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013, at 16:35, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Airlines may have different rules since accuracy in multiple localities
> and coordination of times across multiple localities is more critical to
> them than for most meeting and calendaring applications.

Yeah, but if you've got a flight that takes a set amount of time, and
one of the endpoints switches zones and the other doesn't, you'd have to
reschedule one of them anyway. Airlines are the one place I think it
_would_ make sense to schedule everything in UTC. The only situation it
wouldn't is if both endpoints make the same change (as when the whole US
changed its daylight saving rules).

Do we have any airline people here who can comment?