[tz] version information in tz binary file?

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 10:47:42 UTC 2013

We started out life with 16 "reserved" bytes in binary files; one of those
was appropriated for the compiler version number so we're now at...
    char tzh_version[1];
    char tzh_reserved[15];
Adding something such as "2013e" wouldn't exhaust the reserved bytes; it
would complicate regression testing (though not unduly).

    --ado