[tz] Getting close to new release: testing, testing, ...

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Wed Sep 11 12:28:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013, at 5:55, Paul Eggert wrote:
> We need to release a new version soon, because of Fiji.
>
> I did further testing and it appears that the recent changes
> to add meta-information to the zic output won't fly, because
> they're incompatible with the GNU C library on Ubuntu 12.04.
> So we need to rethink that feature.  There's no rush to introduce
> it, so let's omit it from the next release.

We're getting stuck on ways to compatibly extend the current format.
What about adding another file in a new location, and maintaining the
current output as a backwards-compatibility thing? It would also allow
for a chance to clean things up like adding isstd/isgmt to the main
'ttinfo' structure, and no longer maintaining two copies of everything.