[tz] Question about leap seconds

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Wed Sep 11 17:11:24 UTC 2013

In practice the leap seconds tend to be inserted at times of the year
that aren't typical DST change season (end of june or end of december)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second#Insertion_of_leap_seconds

So odds are that in practice it's not a problem. It could be if a
jurisdiction decide to change it's timezone at the beginning of the year
though.

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Patrice Scattolin | Principal Member Technical Staff | 514.905.8744