[tz] draft of change summary for next tz release

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Sep 20 16:47:58 UTC 2013

Philip Newton wrote:
> I suspect your point would be made more clearly if you expressed in
> words what you tried to convey there.

I think he was trying to say that Arthur David Olson has
far more entries in the git commit log than I,
and therefore he's by far the main creator of the
database (and I am a mere interloper :-).

There are a couple of things wrong about that analysis.
First, until recently ADO did all the commits, including
committing changes that I wrote, which means a simple git+grep check
will wrongly credit him with most of my changes.  Second,
ADO used SCCS, which creates a separate commit record for
each change to each file, whereas with git (which is what
I'm using) there's one commit record per change even
if the change affects multiple files.