[tz] 2014f and Russia

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 18:58:10 UTC 2014

On 06/08/14 19:32, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> If it is proven wrong because there is a
>> proven correct version then OK, but switching one unproven fact with
>> another ...
>
> Those changes mostly remove dubious data, rather than replacing one
> dubious datum with another.  In a few places dubious data were replaced
> with less-dubious data, but these exceptions were individually justified
> with sources.
>
> In the long run it'd be better to remove dubious data, or at least move
> it to a "dubious" area optionally available to users who prefer it; but
> one step at a time.

If the removing of dubious data results in the answers generated
changing then that is the stability that is objected to. These changes
resulting new output that is only changing because of two lots of
dubious states is the problem. Documenting that to the consumer is
difficult bit here when you are saying it's changed because we don't
know what it should be ... yes the previous answer is dubious, but so is
the reason for changing it?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL