[tz] question about Asia/Urumqi: why Guangdong PS

Alois Treindl alois at astro.ch
Sun Feb 2 18:25:03 UTC 2014

PS: I have to add: The inclusion on the south-east Guangdong counties
with Asia/Urumqi comes from the Shanks data, but I still wonder what
evidence exists for this oddity.

I attach a visualization with Google maps, having used only those towns
from geonames.org which have one of the China zones, plus a non-zero
population figure.

Asia/Chongqing	red, label 4
Asia/Harbin	gey, label 1
Asia/Kashgar	light blue, label 5
Asia/Shanghai	yellow, label 3
Asia/Urumqi	light violet, label 2

I also attach the kmz file which can be opened with Google Maps.